This masterclass series, designed for administrators at U.S.-based four-year colleges and universities, will introduce higher education professionals to the foundational principles of behavioral science and explore how these concepts can help students achieve their higher education goals. The five sessions, to be offered in Fall 2021, will equip participants with a deeper understanding of human behavior, a framework for identifying behavioral barriers and designing solutions to overcome them, and practical tools for incorporating behavior change strategies into student success work.
At the conclusion of the series, participants will be invited to apply for a subsidized fellowship through which participants will design and implement their own behavioral intervention with hands-on support from ideas42.
Who should take this course?
This masterclass series is designed for anyone who creates or implements systems, processes, or communications for students. It is primarily designed for people working at U.S.-based four-year colleges and universities, but others who work on college success efforts are welcome to apply and may be admitted if space is available.
We’re looking for curious and innovation-minded professionals who are eager to gain new insights into human behavior and use them to support the students they serve.
Training sessions are geared towards participants with little to no experience with behavioral science.
What will you learn?
In this course participants will:
- Learn how human behavior is influenced by the people, places, and things around us - often in surprising ways.
- Develop a basic understanding of behavioral barriers that hold students back from achieving their higher education goals.
- Build familiarity with behavioral design principles and tactics that can help students overcome common behavioral barriers.
- Start to use simple tools and frameworks to apply behavioral science in everyday life or work.
- Have the opportunity to apply for a subsidized fellowship to design and implement their own behavioral intervention with hands-on support from ideas42.
Fall 2021 Course Schedule
This course will be held over a series of five 90-minute sessions, offered every other week starting in mid-September 2021 and finishing before Thanksgiving.
- Tuesday, September 21 from 3-5 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, October 5 from 3-5 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, October 19 from 3-5 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, November 2 from 3-5 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, November 16 from 3-5 p.m. ET
What is the cost of attending?
Thanks to generous support from the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, there is no cost to participants in the masterclass series. (Masterclass participants who are selected for the fellowship will receive intensive ideas42 coaching at a highly subsidized rate.)